Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I will miss you Grandma Dorothy!


Today is a day of mixed emotions for me. My dear sweet grandma passed away. She would have celebrated her 90th birthday on March 10. I am happy she has finally passed on because she has not felt well for several years. However, I am sad because I will miss her, especially when I go back to my home town to visit. I saw her almost everyday while I was growing up and it won't be the same without her.


Grandma Dorothy was a grandma who knew how to have fun. She tried to make sure that all of the cousins knew each other regardless of how far away we lived from each other. She would invite all of her grandchildren from near and far to come and spend time with her. Now that was not an easy accomplishment, there were and are many of us. We always had a great time even though at times we had to make rules like; no tattling, no fighting, etc. We would go swimming, roller skating, to the Sand Dunes, to the mountains, and she even tubed down the river with us. We had so much fun together.


I will remember grandmas, spunkiness, ambition, dill pickles, homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles, cooked ham and gravy, her cowgirl ways (she really was a cowgirl and she has the scars to prove it from being bucked off of many horses), her love for Pepsi, her love for the mountains, the way she reacted when she was mad (d***, d***, d***), and most of all the love she had for the gospel of Jesus Christ and her family. My grandma along with my grandpa served two church missions and served in many different capacities in the church organizations. She has really been a good example to me.


I just wanted to pay tribute to her because I love her and I will miss her.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to here this. Hang in there and know that you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww gee :( I'm sorry. She sounds like such an awesome lady! I can see how you would have mixed emotions! Lya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Wow, what an incredible woman she is! This is when the concept of eternal families hits home. How wonderful that you can be with her again someday. Thinking of you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annette! I just found your blog! Hope you will visit ours too and don't mind if I bookmark you!

    Love,
    April

    ReplyDelete