Thursday, February 26, 2009

Volcanoes, are you kidding me!

As you know from my previous post I got to spend some time with my grandbabies last weekend. While I was driving them to my house Landon and I were playing the "I spy" game. I am sure that you all know about the game, where you describe a visible object to another person giving them clues until they guess what the object is. Well I was the person describing and Landon was guessing. He had guessed correctly a couple of times. Then all of the sudden he says, "Look Mimi there is some ballcaneos!", in his excited, loud and hoarse voice. I didn't really understand what he was saying and I couldn't turn around and look where he was pointing because I was driving. So I asked him to repeat what he had said. "Look at the ballcaneos!", he repeated. We came to a stoplight so I turned around to look at what he was pointing at. He was pointing to the mountains and I then I finally got it. He was saying volcanoes. I am thinking this kid is only 3 (will be 4 in June) how in the heck does he know about volcanoes. So I asked him to tell me what he knew about them. He proceeds to tells me how they have lava in them that spews out (yes, the kid said spews) and that it is hot. I am sitting in my seat in amazement, thinking my grandson is a genis. I asked him where did he learn about volcanoes. He said that he learned it from "Little Einsteins". As a matter of fact I am pretty sure that I bought him that version of "Little Einsteins". I had heard great things about those particular DVDs and I am glad to see they are instructional and are teaching interesting facts to my grandson. As a side note if you were wondering, I did explain to him that the mountains were not volcanoes.


I love those moments with these precious little people. It also reminded me of how much of a sponge their little minds are and that we really need to make sure that they see and hear good and uplifiting things.

4 comments:

  1. AWE! That's so cute! The really are sponges, you are right about that. Pearson is CONSTANTLY reciting stuff I had NO IDEA he knew. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And looky there, I can comment! Ha. Before it would give me the word verification, but instead of showing those gibberish letters, it just said "loading." Works now! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon is a genius and everytime I babysit him he blows me away with his genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest little "MiMi"!
    It's true!!!! They are like huge sponges...taking in EVERYTHING!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete