Thursday, March 26, 2009

Are you kidding me!!



Yesterday when I retrieved our mail from the mailbox I found the above advertisement and coupons. Are you kidding me! Smoking is a very seroius and deadly addiction that can cause many problems to your health. Unfortunately, I have people who I love and care about who have succumbed to this addiction and knowing that this rubbish is mailed out to people infuriates me and it is just wrong. How kind of them to include the above warning as well. The warning is geared toward a woman because it was sent to one of my daughters. Needless to say this info was ripped up and thrown in the trash immediately. So beware when you go to get your mail, you may also find this rubbish lurking in your mailbox.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty awful. I can't believe people STILL smoke in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually a pretty interesting marketing technique unfortunately. The Camel "Crush" they are advertising is a cigarette that is just a normal cigarette(aka gross and disgusting) and then you can push on the "crush" part and it turns into a menthol cigarette (still gross and disgusting). Menthol cigarettes typically appeal to women so it makes sense that they are sending the coupons to women specifically.

    Cigarettes are nasty. At Body Worlds they showed the lungs of a smoker. I would think that seeing that in and of itself would be enough to turn people off from smoking. If other people want to smoke that cancer, they can have at it. I just don't want my family doing it. There are better ways to die! I want to know how they got my sisters name and address to send the advertisement?!?!?

    ReplyDelete