Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LONDON - Day 1


We are finally here after the long, cramped, and sleepless flights. We flew out of SLC to NY and then on to London. That equals 11 hours in a plane with a 3 hour layover in NY, ughh. We arrive at Heathrow airport in London and had to wait an hour for our transportation to our hotel, yeah we were a little annoyed by that, but once we arrived at our hotel (which is great by the way) we took a much needed nap. After the nap and a shower we headed out to get transportation and tour passes and to take in a little of the city. We went to Piccadilly Circus which reminds me of New York's Times Square and also to Trafalgar Square. We wanted to go into the the National gallery which is an art museum that has many works of art by famous artist, but it was closed, so we ate at the first restaurant we came upon which happened to be Italian and it was excellent. We hadn't planned on it, but we were so close to the London Eye that we bought a ticket and got on it. What a fabulous way to see London! It is the world's largest observation wheel. It is a gigantic ferris wheel and you are inside a capsule like apparatus ( there are 30 capsules all together) which rotates slowly, 30 minutes to be exact, allowing you a unique view of the city. I really enjoyed that. The photo is of Mr. Bret and myself while we are on the London Eye. You can see Big Ben in the background on the right. It started to get dark so we walked back to our hotel, passing Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. These buildings have fabulous architecture and history. We are planning to tour them later in the week.

That is an update of our travels here in London, not bad for being here 12 hours and functioning on only a 2 hour nap. Oh, by the way I did fry my hair straightener when I misunderstood that the converter plug was not the volt converter plug, oh well that is not going to ruin my vacation!

6 comments:

  1. How amazing! (And what a cute picture of you! I don't remember you always being so stylish, I am completely drooling over your trench coat!) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! You definitely deserve a great vacation like that after such a great accomplishment! You too love birds have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi is definitely stylin these days, Sheriece! That is a cute pic mom and dad! Glad to hear you are having fun. You better be taking TONS of pictures!!!! Is that the House of Parliament in the background?!?! Nice shot! Can't even stand the jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Sucks about your hair!! Kinda funny tho, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't you worry we are taking lots of pictures. Yeah, it was kind of sad when I realized that my straightener was not going to work. I freaked out for a moment, but then thought, oh well. Plus after walk, so it is all good. I think if I straightened my hair it would not matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My post messed up. I wrote that after walking outside my hair kind of does it's own thing with the humidity. I might have had straight hair when I left the hotel, but it wouldn't be for long. So it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete